Tim is at the Happiest Place on Earth this weekend to run the 5K and 10K races during the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend. Anthony joins him to talk about the latest speculation on Marvel movies, Disney's desire to use drones in the themes parks, the latest cool stuff from Disney Infinity and why Fake Producer Scott needs to bring donuts to the Anabella Hotel. www.TheMouseCastle.com
Friday, August 29, 2014
Thursday, August 28, 2014
|Disney California Adventure, Thursday 5:00 a.m.|
Going for a jog with former Olympian Jeff Galloway and hanging out with actor and running enthusiast Sean Astin at Disney California Adventure are pretty good motivators.
Both gentlemen were on hand for a pre-dawn welcome event today at DCA to kick off the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend. Fitness and nutrition experts from runDisney and Runner's World magazine were also around offering training tips for all the weekend warriors. An easy jog around Paradise Pier and a ride on Soarin' followed in an upbeat and fun-filled morning before park opening.
The Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend consists of three primary races: a 5K, 10K and half marathon, plus kids races and the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo at the Disneyland Hotel. Runners can pick up their registration packets at the Expo beginning at noon today. For more information, visit www.rundisney.com/disneyland-half-marathon.
I'll be running the 5K tomorrow and the 10K on Saturday. If you'd like to track my progress in the 10K, you can text my bib number (30834) to 345678. Stalking by text, it's pretty cool.
I'll also be putting together a special edition of The Mouse Castle Lounge which will be out on Monday. I'll recap the weekend and talk to my running guests Sean Astin, Jeff Galloway and former Imagineer Terri Hardin Jackson.
A few photos from this morning:
|Training experts from runDisney and Runner's World offer advice to the crowd.|
|Attendees practice some stretches.|
|A very fit Mickey Mouse with runDisney Brand Manager Tammy Jacobson.|
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Inside The Mouse Castle 08-26-2014 - The Emmys' Robin Williams Tribute, Villains at Walt Disney World and Happy Anniversary 'Mary Poppins'!
|Seth Meyers hosted the|
2014 Primetime Emmy Awards.
This year's Emmy Awards show was a generally entertaining, if unsurprising, TV spectacle (Breaking Bad...check. Modern Family...check). If there was one reason to tune in Monday night, however, it was to catch Billy Crystal's poignant tribute to his close friend Robin Williams, who died on August 11. In the latest Inside The Mouse Castle, Anthony and I discuss one of the most moving In Memorium segments of this, or any other awards show, in recent memory.
Also in this episode:
Also in this episode:
- Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom is adding an extra touch of villainy to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween-Party this year. The Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle is a new event, hosted by the evil stepmother herself, Lady Tremaine, that features music, desserts and special viewings of Mickey’s “Boo-too-You” Halloween Parade and the Happy HalloWishes Fireworks Spectacular. It sounds like fun, but is it really worth the $99 price tag to get in?
|Lady Tremaine hosts the Villains' Sinister Soiree at the Magic Kingdom.|
- Happy 50th Birthday to the practically perfect Mary Poppins, which opened at Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood on August 27, 1964.
- Community star Donald Glover will finally get a crack at playing a role he's long coveted, Spider-Man. Previously passed over for current film Spidey Andrew Garfield, Glover will voice the web-slinger in Disney XD’s animated series, Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors.
- We're really excited about a new book written by longtime Disney animator Andreas Deja. The Nine Old Men: Lessons, Techniques, and Inspiration from Disney's Greatest Animators will be released in February 2015 and you can pre-order your copy on Amazon right now.
- Starting tomorrow, I will be in the Happiest Place on Earth to take part in the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend. I'll be running in the 5K race on Friday and the 10K on Saturday (nope, not doing the half yet). Want to track my progress in the 10K on your smartphone? Text my bib number (30834) to 345678. Interested in other stalkerish behavior this weekend?: Visit http://www.rundisney.com/blog/articles/ATT-Athlete-Alerts-08-25-14.
Subscribe to Inside the Mouse Castle on iTunes and Stitcher.